Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

GETTING THERE

As the temperature has soared to 36 C today I've had quite a productive day at home, inside with the air-con cooling the house.

I did a little " cooking ".

First I whipped up a batch of Nuts and Bolts, a crunchy nibble made with NutraGrain and peanuts and a touch of curry.




Great to nibble with a long cool drink at Happy Hour.




I made enough for gifts as well as plenty for us.

Then came Rocky Road, everybody's favourite.



Packed away and hidden from sight so it won't be eaten before Christmas Day.

And the final project from my busy day?
I put the final touches on my table runner.


So now it's ready. Just in time.




Cheers

3 comments:

  1. HI Helsie,
    I'm taking a break from stringing lights on my two Christmas trees. I like your new banner with your cute country map. Not to say I didn't like your previous banner with your lovely photo. Poured all night here good thing it wasn't colder or it would have been snow. Our sun is trying to come out today. Back to my duties if I'm ever to get all the stuff done for Christmas.

    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I don't know... I think we have you all on the Christmas weather here. But, with treaties like all these, who cares what the weather is outside. I think I need that Rocky Road for after the evening shovel. Still coming down even harder now since I posted about 6 hours ago. Winter storm warning in effect, Ohare (airport) Closed, which is never a good sign. Sure hope Scott gets home in his little hybrid OK. Us Chicagoians are pretty tough when it comes to this....

    Back to the yarn....

    Hugs, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new banner, Helsie. Very Aussie!! Never tried those nibbles before, and as for the rocky road mmmmm looks tantalising. Well done with your runner, it looks lovely

    ReplyDelete