Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

ON A MISSION

I'm on a mission to clear out the refrigerator.
We're off on holidays in a couple of day's time so we are trying to finish off the food that we have in the fridge.
So on Friday night we had roast leg of lamb.....




with roast pumpkin, potatoes, sweet potato, onions,....
cauliflower and zucchini cheese ( au gratin )
and baby peas.

Mint jelly and gravy to finish it off.

YUM !

I used all the vegetables I had so there would be some leftover veges.

Then I chopped them all up, added chopped up lamb, mint jelly and leftover gravy,
mixed them all together and made these using my trusty pie maker.

 When I had used all the shortcrust pastry, I made a couple of turnovers with some puff pastry.


That took care of Saturday and Sunday lunches and cleared the fridge.

Mission accomplished!

Cheers.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a delicious meal Helsie! Hubby got take out for me tonight so I didn't have to cook. We have rain coming the next three days and I wasn't 100% today. Good old sinuses go crazy when the weather changes. I bet you are getting excited about your trip. Well, it's 12:31 AM here I better get off to bed.

    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. Have a wonderful time in France and we look forward to hearing all about your trip on your return. Bon voyage!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Helen, for your kind messages, now the drugs have worn off I am feeling very sore, stiff and grumpy :D
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday and a safe trip. I look forward to hearing about it and seeing al your photos on your return! love Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... All that still in the fridge... You are some cook that's for sure. Please do tell us more about that pie maker gadget...Ok, so when you get back.... My interests are tapped. Have a wonderful trip if you don't have time to check in.

    I will testify and completely understand all while you are away, having just been there. One goes and one come home. We will all still be here.

    Happy, Safe Journey,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh oh oh - Excitement plus must be in the air at your home!!!!
    I have been eyeing off the pie-makers and thinking about usuage - do you use it a lot?
    Hubby loves pies and I would probably do something like you with leftovers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Folks,
    In our house we rarely have leftovers but if we do no-one eats them. Now I have a Pie Maker I often make a little extra when I'm cooking or sometimes make up fillings specially. Then I made a patch of perfect pies and freeze them for later. Great for Sunday night in front of TV or emergency meals with veges.
    I've even had friends over for a Pie Night and they loved them.
    PS I use frozen shortcrust pastry in my pies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh, I'm just off to bed and I've suddenly gone hungry.
    Your meat looks delicious Helen.
    and your beautiful vegetables!
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, WOW! That looks and sounds just mouth-wateringly delicious. A pie maker? Pie Night? When you're next having on, please let me know. I'm coming!
    Where are you going on hols? Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that pie maker! What a great way to use leftovers!
    Have fun on your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, all looks very tasty Helen. Have a fabulous time in France - so much lovely food and wine to come! and of course sights to see. **Kim**x

    ReplyDelete
  11. No sign of your squares yet Helen,
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete