S p i d e r A l e r t !
Last night when I finished cleaning my teeth I turned and reached for my towel ....
and was greeted my this monster!
Last week I killed its mate...
of similar size
discovered in a similar spot.
I mean, my extremely brave, he-man husband put an end to the monster.
I was off , running for my life with horror.
I knew there'd be two of them...
lurking somewhere there in the bathroom.
So this time I was brave and returned with camera to show you one of the delights of Springtime
- the return of the spiders that have been hiding away in some dark place during the colder months.
OMG, is that his eye catching the light of the flash ????
( Tony dispatched this one too. In this house the only good spider is a dead spider !)
Once a fortnight Tony and I make a trip to the Fresh Food Markets at Rocklea to buy our supply of fruit and vegies for the fortnight.
We're rather fond of fresh fruit and vegies in this house, none of that frozen stuff for us !
Inevitably when I go to pack it all away there are leftovers from the previous fortnight that need to be dealt with.
Usually, in Winter, they become Refrigerator Soup - soup you make with whatever is left in the fridge - but the weather is not really soup weather any more so today's leftovers became a Vegie Bake.
- A large potato and an equal amount of pumpkin cooked in the microwave and roughly mashed
- roughly chop whatever else you have - a large onion, a carrot, cauliflower, zucchini, broccoli, beans - and cook them lightly in the microwave
- raid the pantry and add a can of corn kernels, a tin of baby peas
- beat about 6 eggs and add a 375mL tin of evaporated milk
- about a teaspoon of chicken stock powder, a teaspoon of parmesan cheese, a half cup of grated tasty cheese
- I found 1 and a half bacon rashes floating around in the freezer so I chopped and cooked them in the microwave first - Completely optional, I don't usually add this.
I used two dishes today so I could freeze one for later.
Sprinkle the top with a little more cheese ...
and into the oven (180C) for about half an hour.
Test to see if it is cooked.
A great accompaniment to any grilled ( or BBQ-ed ) meat ..
or eaten on its own with a salad for lunch.
Full of vegies,
Home cooked goodness.
We'll have several meals from this - all made with last week's leftover vegies.