Today is my best buddy's 60th birthday so what better way than to start her busy birthday than with a breakfast together.
Now, I'm not one of those people who is an early riser .....
(Well, not since I gave up work anyway !!!)
and I hate the pressure of cooking when people are around
so I pulled out this recipe and it was just right.
Prepare most of it ahead of time,
pop into the oven when you are ready and in about 20 minutes it's done.
Tasty too, so I thought I would share it with you.
6 slices of bread crusts removed
3 bacon rashes , chopped
1 small onion chopped
6 cherry tomatoes
* Preheat oven to 180C. Grease or spay muffin tin with baking spray.
* Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin then press them into the muffin tin ( I spray them with the baking spray too and put the sprayed side down in the tin)
* Cook the chopped onion and chopped bacon in the microwave. Pour off any liquid then place a little of this in the base of each bread case. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half ( or use ordinary tomato slices ) and press into the bacon mixture.
* Break a whole egg into each bread case then sprinkle a little grated cheese over each one.
* Cook for about 20 minutes or until egg has set.