Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Saturday, January 5, 2019

SUNDAY DRIVE

The hot weather we have been having makes me just want to stay inside in the cool of the air-conditioning but today we decided to get out and take a drive ( in the cool air-conditioned car !!) to see the sunflowers.
They are growing in the Lockyer Valley west of Brisbane and about 2 hours later we came upon this field.


As you can see it is very dry and the poor flowers on the edge of the field were showing the lack of water.


You can see how withered the leaves are and the background is pure country Australia - grey-green and brown.



 However as you move further into the crop it gets better and soon there is a sea of happy yellow facing the sun.






 Such a pretty crop.



We were a little early as this was the only field properly in flower.
The rest will probably burst forth in the next two weeks.

On the way home we passed this pretty house in Gatton.


It is built in the typical Queensland style,


set high off the ground to guard against floods but mainly to catch any breezes that may be around.

Wide verandahs and a central hallway leading past a bedroom on each side at the front  to a "lounge" room (living room ) and dining room with kitchen and bathroom in the enclosed part of the back
 verandah.
A very practical design for our climate. You will find many of them in any Queensland country town.

You may remember I posted about "Old Queenslanders"   here  way back in 2010. 
It has been one of my most visited posts over the years.

We were home by 4:30 and it is finally cooler than the 32 degrees it has been all day so I'm off for a cool Aperol Spritz which is our drink of choice in the heat.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Made me think of France until I saw the house. Such a pretty style of building.

    ReplyDelete