Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

SANTA'S BOUNTY

Look what I scored for Christmas!
Isn't it lovely?
I don't have to go off and get a cup of tea while I'm waiting for a page to load anymore.
It's going to take me a while to sort out which files I want to bring over from the old computer
and learn how to use Windows 7 but that sounds like a fun thing to do.


I've been playing around ,
setting it up, burning back-up discs.

In the past I've used Outlook for my main email and am amazed to see it has disappeared and I now have Windows Mail as well as Gmail so I'm dealing with changes everywhere.
I know these changes are probably all good but you know I was very happy with the old email,
 comfortable with how it worked.
This is one of the downsides of computers for me.

I'm a bit of a creature of habit.
I like my old tools
I'm familiar with the feel of them ( I have an egg slice that I got when I was first married 38 years ago!)
I am fond of my furniture, don't like to part with it for new unless it's broken or worn out
and I feel a bit sad saying goodbye to the old car when we get a new one.

I guess you could say I don't like change -
I'm a bit of an old fossil myself!

Cheers. 

ps. YP. I don't have to dust the old one now just toss it !!!

11 comments:

  1. Lucky you Helsie! You will soon get the hang of the new computer I am sure although I'm with you on change for change's sake and wonder why "they" have to change things that were fine in the first place! Good luck and we look forward to many more posts now that you have an all singing all dancing machine on which to compose them!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky I feel that way with women, otherwise I would have traded "the fossil" long ago !

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice, you will really enjoy once u get the hang of it, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh how lovely Helen! What a lovely christmas pressie!
    I'm sure you will have many hours of enjoyment, talking to your friends all over the world, simply lovely.
    Thanks so much for all your great comments, i am so grateful to you for just everything!
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to LOVE that new computer. It doesnt take long to get the hang of new computer things, and you wont know yourself in a week or so.

    When we got Windows 7 we retained the Outlook Program as our main email program because I didnt like the alternative. The computer guy sorted it all out for me. Like you Im a bit of creature of habit. (I still have a pair of tongs my Nanna used in about the 1960's!)

    Congrats on the new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you. I really hate learning new things when it's stuff I'm just so not interested in, like computers. I like learning new somgs and tunes and recipes or riding techniques (except Quasar is a bit old for new things), but new stuff in my lawyery work or techno stuff - no thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic new toy Helsie and because it'll be so much quicker, all the more time to slice eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sleek new laptop Helsie! Have fun playing and discovering new things - you'll soon forget your old computer!!

    Hope your Christmas was joyful!

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen, we have windows 7 but still use Outlook. Outlook comes as part of the Microsoft Office package - we prefer it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How dare you tell me to just toss it! Just because our lads are cruising to victory in Melbourne - there's no need to be so rude Helen! Lovely new laptop. Like you I don't like too much change. I have favourite shirts in my wardrobe that are ten/fifteen years old. They feel more comfortable than new shirts - like old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have both: a 10 year old Mac that I still do work on and a new MacBook Pro laptop that goes everywhere with me. I have to keep up with tech stuff because it's part of my job, but you're all right, there are things they change just so they can sell you something new. I like to go new places and meet new people, but I live in the same old house my family has been in for 4 generations. I have some furniture from each generation. I don't think I'm sentimental, though, so much as cheap. Also, there are finely-made old things you just don't want to replace with plastic.

    ReplyDelete