Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

PUZZLED

Once upon a time I did the crossword in the daily paper "The Courier Mail" religiously every morning.
Worked on it through breakfast and most days managed to complete it.

However these days we no longer have a daily delivery of newspapers. Tony happily reads many online and I read none! I am very disillusioned with the written media and find reporting inaccurate and often untrue so I'm content to get the news delivered via the television several times a day accompanied by visuals.

Sorry I got a bit off topic there !

So now I solve puzzles on my phone and ipad.
I used to play a version of Scrabble against several friends and relatives all over the world. It was called "Words with Friends" but the time waiting for the other person to move and the ability for them ( and me ) to use an ap to help them with moves soon made it lose it's appeal especially when lots of very strange words began to appear from obscure languages.

This one is my newest favourite called "Word Brain" and I love it because it is just me progressing through the levels . No opportunity to cheat and no way of progressing until I get the puzzle out.
The only help you get is every 15 minutes spent on the puzzle earns you a hint
of a single letter at the beginning of each word so you do eventually get there.



As you find  the words they are eliminated from the puzzle till all the letters are used up.


It's been very quiet around here since Christmas so I thought a jigsaw puzzle might be an activity that we could all work on.


I chose this one of one of my all time most favourite paintings by Van Gogh.
I thought it wouldn't be too difficult. 
Wrong !
Lots of variations in colour there …..
but after a WHOLE DAY we had only done this much!!


and there was one piece missing !


We searched and searched and finally it was located !!


Since then Sally and I have spent many hours on it.
My back  aches and I'm seeing spots before my eyes .


We're not making very much progress.


So frustrating.

Not one of my better ideas.

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Boy! It's many years since I've done/attempted a jigsaw puzzle. I can't remember the last time.

    I get the Saturday"Courier Mail" and the "Sunday Mail" delivered each weekend; and every time I go out to the supermarket, which always entails a visit to the newsagency, I buy the paper. I always do the crosswords...and love doing them. :)

    I play Mahjong, Hearts, Spades and Solitaire online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take my advice, jigsaws are backbreaking and soooo frustrating, stick to your online puzzles...and give Word Brain a go. I think you’d like it.

    ReplyDelete