Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Apologies and a news item

Firstly apologies for spelling mistakes etc in my posts. As my daughter will tell you I'm a notoriously bad speller at the best of times but at the moment I'm using a phone ap on Tony's iPad which doesn't allow the easy access to editing once I've posted. In my haste to post when time allows and it's my turn on the iPad, lots of mis-spelt words and important names get through...... Like Mont Blanc or L'Aiguille du Midi.

Secondly, a snippet from the Chamonix News.

"Plus de 200 personnes évacuées hier a Chamonix. En cause une panne de moteur survenue en fin de matinée sur le 1er tronçon du téléphérique de l’Aiguille du midi. La compagnie du Mont blanc a donc du procéder a l’évacuation de plus de 200 personnes du Plan de l’Aiguille par hélicoptère jusque dans la raquette d’arrivée du tremplin à Chamonix. Pas moins de 45 rotations d'hélicoptères ont été rendus nécessaires. Les réparations auront duré plusieurs heures. Tout est revenu a la normale a présent. Le téléphérique est rouvert."

» 15 Mai - Chamonix

2 comments:

  1. You omitted this sentence:-
    Une femme australienne appelée Helen criait hystériquement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't you, was it? That breakdown?
    Helsie, tu es professeuse. You can't be bad at spelling!

    ReplyDelete