Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

THINGS I WANT TO DO 2012


Happy New Year to all my wonderful Blogland friends.
Let's hope it is much better than last year ( here in Queensland anyway! )

Here's my "To Do " list for 2012.
It sort of replaces a New Year Resolutions List - more like a plan of things I'd like to accomplish in 2012.
If I write them down here I might be reminded to do them all !!

1. LOSE WEIGHT
I know , I know, I say that every year but this may be the year when it happens.
2. LEARN HOW TO TAKE MOVIES ON MY PHONE
In this day and age you never know when you might need this function - in good or bad situations.
3. KEEP PLAYING MY LEARN TO SPEAK FRENCH TAPE
I 'm not much good but if I keep at it I will be better next time I'm in Paris  - and I'm going back to Paris one day!
4. LEARN A BIT OF ITALIAN
For when I go to Italy. I don't know when that will be but I need to start preparing myself if I want to communicate a little.
5. MAKE A PRETTY APRON
Just for me ... and perhaps one for Sally too
6. MAKE A QUILT FOR SALLY
In time for her birthday
7. HELP SALLY FINISH OFF HER HOUSE
There isn't much to do. Let's finish painting those doors and get those blinds and curtains UP !
8. FINISH DECORATING MY BEDROOM
Get some stuff up on the walls and find the mirror that I've been wanting for ages. Perhaps do the ribbon embroidery I've bought all the equipment for ( if I can still remember how - perhaps I should put RE- LEARN RIBBON EMBROIDERY IN THIS LIST ?!!!)
9. RE-COVER THE CHAIRS IN THE GARDEN ROOM
Not a big job really and shouldn't be too difficult with a staple gun
10. CROCHET A RUG FOR BRETT
I actually have a request for this one.
11. START PLANNING A QUILT FOR THE SECOND BEDROOM
Perhaps that quilt-as-you-go one I've been looking at for ages?
12. LEARN QUILT-AS-YOU-GO
See 11. !!!
13. FRAME THE RIBBON EMBROIDERY I DID LAST YEAR
Just a sampler but something to put up on my bedroom walls
14. MAKE THIS CUSHION WITH YO-YOS


I scanned the picture from a magazine. Use the materials left over from my quilt.
15. FRAME THE LOVELY POSTCARDS I BOUGHT IN HONFLEUR
I meant to do this when we came home from our trip to France in 2010 . I have the frame ready to go.


Well that's a good start. Let's see how I go with these for a start.

Cheers

11 comments:

  1. Your 'to do' list looks amazing!!! Good luck! Wishing you a healthy, happy and peaceful 2012. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that little lot is going to keep you busy through 2012!
    Good luck with it!!!
    Happy New Year!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too on all of the above.
    Cheers to you and THE TON's....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are going to be a busy gal. Good luck with them all. Please post photos of your finished projects. Happy (busy) New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh thats a long list, you are going to be very busy.
    Happy New Year, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year.

    Good luck with getting your 2012 list done. It looks like fun (except the weight part, that ones on my list too).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m planning to jump on the apron bandwagon this year too Helen. Maybe we can encourage each other. I have a pattern and some fabric –now I just need to stop telling myself I cant do it .
    Im not doing the weight resolution this year but I really need to offload the 4 or so kilos Ive stacked on over the past month.....
    Loved your list. I’m still working on one of my own. Nothing like leaving it till the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! One step at a time eh?! Hope that 2012 will be a good year for you and that you will achieve at least some of that little lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY NEW YEAR
    Just going to take each day as it comes!
    Good luck with your tasks
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phew! I'm going for a lie down now LOL
    Have a great 2012 Helsie xx

    ReplyDelete