Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

COLOURS OF MY WORLD

Today was a sobering day for me.
One of those days that you have - too rarely I believe- that causes you to take stock of your world.
Today a friend and I spent the day delivering items sewn by members of the ACWA ( a bit like the Women's Institute in the UK )   
and I came home and felt LUCKY.
Lucky that I am healthy.
Lucky that I can WALK and TALK and FEED myself and COMB my hair.
Lucky that I HAVE hair.

Today we delivered turbans to the Cancer Council for women undergoing chemotherapy whose hair has gone.
Today we delivered catheter bag covers and wheelchair bags to sufferers of MS whose independence has slowly been taken from them by this terrible disease.

So I came home and looked around and felt LUCKY.

These are the colours of my  world.

                                                        GREEN

RED

YELLOW

PINK

BLUE

ORANGE

BLACK

WHITE

PURPLE


... and I am LUCKY that I can see them.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a generous person to do all that your are doing for those in need.

    I love all your colors here. Now, you just need to start ripplin' a blanket out of all of these....

    Keep up your great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments to me. You are right we are all so lucky in so many ways. It is so lovely to help those in need.

    You must pick up a hook and have a go at crochet you will soon be 'hooked' it is a lovely hobby, nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete