Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

A COOKING POST

 
It's ages since I posted about cooking.
In fact I'm struggling to find topics to post about these days at all
but this week I have tried a new recipe with some success so here it is.
 
I like the idea of a savoury muffin and as we had an early start to Sally's place on Saturday I thought they would be an ideal breakfast-in-the-car-as-you-go-along idea.
In the past I've tasted some of these and not been too impressed but I liked the sound of these ingredients so I gave them a go.
Hot out of the oven they weren't so impressive and they stuck to the muffin paper cases leaving half the muffin behind!
Not  good !
But next morning the cases peeled off quite easily.....
 ( you could peel them all off before offering them around, saves a bit of mess and looking for somewhere to put the discarded paper )
and like many savoury things the flavour had developed more and they were just the thing trundling along the highway in the Ute ( work to be done at Sally's place ) with my travel cup of tea in the other hand !!

 
  
Savoury Mighty Muffins
 

 
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
  • 2 cups grated tasty cheese
  • 2 or 3 bacon rashes, chopped quite small
  • 1 zucchini, grated
  • I small onion finely chopped
  • 125g tin of corn kernels
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup fruit chutney
Method
* Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 6 x 3/4-cup capacity Texas muffin pan. Line bases of holes with baking paper.
     * Sift flour into a large bowl. Add cheese, bacon, zucchini, onion and corn. ( Maybe next time I might cook the bacon and onion a bit first to bring out more flavour ?) Whisk milk, egg and chutney in a jug until well combined. Make a well in centre of dry ingredients. Pour in milk mixture. Using a large metal spoon, gently mix until just combined. ( Mixture will be very thick and stiff – a dash more milk might be necessary )
            Spoon into muffin holes.
     * Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 3 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
                               recipe and photo from www.taste.com.au
 
Cheers.
 
 


14 comments:

  1. Love savoury muffins ~ and I like the sound of adding the fruit chutney for a touch of sweetness. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quick and easy recipe Carol. Good for school lunch !!

      Delete
  2. I love a good food post! Thanks for posting these. I will definitely give them a try. They sound and look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of savoury muffins . I might even be able to squeeze breakfast in on my way to work if I make these!

    I know all about your bloggers lament. You'll notice I havent posted for a month !

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very good on the go Shay.
    As for blogging, I'm worried I'm becoming very repetitive but a lot of the blogs I used to follow seem to have run out of steam too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love savoury muffins. The addition of chutney sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing is you can try all sorts of chutneys and relishes too Lorrie.

      Delete
  6. They look delicious! I'm going to have to make some; perhaps this coming weekend. Thanks for sharing and whetting my appetite, Helsie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I might give them another go too and experiment with a different relish this time. Bang goes the diet...... Again !

      Delete
  7. Yum!!! They sound delicious ☺and I'm definitely going to give them a try. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. And very timely. I am going to get some bacon tomorrow and try them!

    ReplyDelete