Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

CHRISTMAS 2017 - ALMOST THERE !


Here we go again !


It's amazing how putting out a few much loved decorations can get you in the Christmas mood.
This snowman was a gift from Tony's staff about 28 years ago.
He comes out every year along with the white Christmas tree made out of polystyrene also a handmade gift from the girls at the fruit shop.


As we are off to Hervey Bay for Christmas with Mum and Dad and my brother I am not putting too much out but  a little bit does make the house feel festive.


I've even stirred myself up and asked a few friends around for Christmas drinks.

I had a minor panic when we were eating dinner in the outdoor room and were savagely attacked my mosquitos a couple of nights ago.....

but luckily there was a good breeze blowing them away on Saturday night and a few citronella candles and mossie coils prevented a disaster and retreat inside.

Christmas is not my favourite time of year because of the heat and some horror Christmases in the past where the temperature hit 40 C and there were 24 of us for lunch and dinner.
My favourite is Boxing Day when we sit around ( now in our lovely air-con ),  watch tv - the cricket or much-loved movies, and graze on cold ham and chicken leftovers and just
r e l a x.



Next year of course hopefully we will have little Jax running around and we will be able to spend it with Brett and Sarah too.
Christmas is always better shared with little children, don't you think?

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Hope your day is filled with great family times.

Cheers.

9 comments:

  1. I love your outdoor room, Helsie. I imagine you spend a lot of time there...it is very inviting.

    As I wrote in my response to you on my blog...the humidity here yesterday was horrendous. If it was that way up here on the hill, it must have been worse down below. Usually our temps up here, as you know, are a couple or so degrees lower...normally!

    Christmas and little kiddies go together like strawberries and ice cream; like cheese and crackers. It's pure joy to witness their excited happy little faces.

    Have yourself a wonderful Christmas with your family. Take care on the roads.

    Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happy time over the holiday. Where does the timne go? Thought of you yesterday when driving to Dorchester for my final eye appointment and passed the sign to Martinstown!! All the best for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jane, hope you enjoy Christmas with Dave and the Traveller. We think of you often too.

      Delete
  3. You have a beautiful home Helsie. I love your flower arrangement on the sideboard. Wishing you a very happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Sue, your home is beautiful, so relaxing. I feel I could sit down with you in photo number 5 and have a chat! Have a lovely Christmas in Hervey Bay, Helsie, with your family.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on down Rachel, I'd love to have a cuppa with you. I'm pretty good at relaxing !!!
      Merry Christmas. May 2018 be a big improvement on 2017 for you !

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas and a happy and peaceful 2018! Ros x

    ReplyDelete