Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Monday, December 15, 2014

UNDER SIEGE

The world has heard about events that are unfolding in Sydney tonight.
Below is an entry I read on Facebook tonight

"Sent from a friend on the train home from Sydney:

I just caught a train home through the central Sydney line. The mood was very different to my usual Monday afternoon trip home.

 Less people were looking down at their phones. As you walked past complete strangers they gave you a little nod and a smile.

 As I got off at central station I saw two grown men in suits run into each other, they obviously knew one and other. They gave each other a manly hug and asked "How ya goin?"... they both responded with "Yeah... shit day but good, I'm going good mate."

I realised on my trip home that terrorism WILL NEVER work in Australia.
We are not scared.
We are not terrorised.
We are gravely concerned about our brothers and sisters in that coffee shop. But you will not win. You will never be able to tear apart this nation.

Why?

 Because we have a weapon stronger than yours.
Stronger than your religious beliefs, stronger than your hatred, stronger than your pathetic fear mongering, stronger than your misguided violence, stronger than you.

We are Australians and we have a secret weapon you will never have or understand..

mateship.

We are a nation of mates who will never be broken by the actions of a cowardly few.
What I realised on the way home was that in your attempt to scare our nation you have galvanised our mateship.

You failed. "

Let's hope this is right !

8 comments:

  1. Marvelous! It's the tough times that bring people together. Praying for the situation in Sydney and thinking of our fellow Commonwealth members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been listening this morning about the end of the seige. I am so sorry for the people who lost loved ones or who have loved ones seriously injured. I used to feel the same way about my countrymen. I always told others that we may seem like a very diverse lot, but step on us and see what happens to you! In the last few years, I am not so sure I believe that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've discovered the truth, Helsie. Fear only works when people will sacrifice each other to avoid being hurt, themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course now the PC news is trying to say it's only one deranged man not a terrorist group but in my opinion it doesn't matter if it's one person or a group doing terrorist acts. Why can't they stay in their own darn countries and stay out of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been really heartened by some of the things I've seen on Facebook since this siege started yesterday. Although the outcome was very sad for the two hostages who were killed and their loved ones, Most sensible thinking Australians realise that it is a very small minority of bad apples , and not the whole Muslim community who pose a threat .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post just brilliant. Such a shame these horrible acts have now made it to my beloved homeland. I pray this is a one and only occurrence....mateship will win every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Mateship" - that's a good word Helen. Maybe you can add it in the comments to my latest post. What I thought about that bad man is this - Australia gave you sanctuary - a place of safety and opportunity when you said you needed asylum and this, this is how you repay them! You unmitigated bastard! May you rot in hell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was shocking news. I don't know what else to say except I hope for people to pull together to prevent things like this happening and not be overcome by evil things.

    ReplyDelete