Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Thursday, May 21, 2020

COVID LOCKDOWN PROJECT NUMBER TWO

My Covid yarny projects have concentrated on using up what bits and pieces I have managed to gather together from previous projects completed over the years.

The first one was all the bright colours.



This final one was to group together all the softer colours and included some quite small bits to use 
so a different design was formulating in my head.




First I made some solid, 4 round squares - three of each colour where possible but totaling approximately 30 squares in all. 

With the first ten I then crocheted a fifth round in cream, 


sewed them together, then crocheted around the whole thing  in cream then added a few stripes of   pink on each side.

Then I moved on to the mossy green for a few rows making the bottom of the blanket pink.



The next row was made up of multi-coloured, 4 round squares using the small quantities of four colours for each square.


I then crocheted a final row on each square with green, then sewed them together and added a few rows of green and cream on either side.


Moving up towards the top I introduced a bit of purple ...


before adding another row of solid squares surrounded by blue this time.


There were now some very tiny bits of lots of colours left and lots of white scraps so they made up the next major row of squares , 



Using all the bits of the other colours and cream I crocheted several rows to link them together. 

Then I joined the two sections together.






Things were now getting a bit desperate yarn-wise .
The final row of solid squares were joined with what little pink was left.


It didn't go very far !

Luckily the lockdown is easing and in order to finish the rug I had to take myself off to Spotlight to try and match the colours to finish off the rug.


Of course there was no pink of the same colour but a slightly darker shade seemed OK and that and a ball of blue and two balls of cream came home with me - all  at sale price !



I joined the final  section to the rest of the rug and finished off with a few rows of cream, blue and the new dark pink.

Yes, that's sort of how I had planned it to look.


Now for the finishing touch - the border.

A couple of rounds of cream to pull it all together and try to fix any wonkiness caused by yarns of different thickness although they were all the same ply

then

A bit of blue - enough for once around.
A bit of dark pink - enough for once around




and a final round of cream shells


AND ALL THOSE ENDS TO BE SEWN IN 

and the final finished product

TA DAH !






What's next ?

Cheers.

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant - love it! Well done you. I am passing your blog link on to a friend who is shielding and has been busy crocheting blankets as another string to her bow!! I am sure she will ove it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, the challenge was much more fun than the usual blanket making.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful blanket. Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rather like it too Sue. the only draw back is that it doesn't match anything in my matchy matchy house !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So productive, well done. For some reason I am finding it hard to settle down to knitting at the moment, probably because the tv isn't great, the stock of drama is running out. And of course at 71 I have never learned to crochet despite many attempts. Keep safe x

    ReplyDelete