Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Sunday, October 14, 2018

A VISIT TO BOLTON ABBEY - YORKSHIRE DALES 2018

An outing in the car today through beautiful countryside to Bolton Abbey.


You don't need sunshine, it's lovely in any weather.


The parkland around the ruin of Bolton Abbey is beautifully kept,
 



all part of the estate owned by the Duke of Devonshire who owns the lovely Chatsworth House in the Peak district


  Walking paths lead off in all directions along the river



making it a lovely destination for a day out with a picnic

     

 with plenty to see in and around the ruins of this huge abbey




which is surrounded by the prettiest graveyard

 beautifully manicured and decorated with large clumps of daffodils.


The more modern church nearby is impressive too




but you can't beat the original


and what a wonderful setting !



Cheers.

1 comment: