Welcome to my blog. Here you will find my adventures with my family and friends. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I'm so enjoying this wonderful world of blogging where I have met and made so many new friends.

Please leave a comment when you drop by so I can visit your blog and get to know you too
.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A GOOD RECIPE TO START THE YEAR OFF

What better way to start the year than with a good recipe?
I made two batches of these to take with us to the  New Year's Day brunch with our dear neighbour friends
You know, the kind of brunch that goes all day, friends sitting around chatting lazily after a nice late breakfast.
Then a bit later on when the need for another cup of tea came upon us, out came the Raspbery and White Chocolate Muffins.
Little chunks of white chocolate melting on your tongue along with the tang of raspberries.
YUM !
 This is a very quick and easy muffin recipe. It produces light, cake-like muffins with chunks of sweet, creamy white chocolate and tangy berries.

Fresh or frozen berries can be used. If using frozen berries ( I did ), add them to the mixture while they are still frozen to help prevent them from colouring the batter.
2 teaspoons (10ml) lemon juice
250ml (1 cup) milk
125ml (1/2 cup) oil (any mild-flavoured oil could be used)
1 large egg (I use eggs with a minimum weight of 59g)
300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
150g (2/3 cup) caster sugar

170g (1 cup) white chocolate chopped into small chunks
200g raspberries
* Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (170 degrees Celsius fan-forced). If you are using a conventional (not fan-forced) oven, place the oven rack in the centre of the oven. In a conventional oven, the position of the muffins in the oven affects how they brown. I like them to be close, but not too close, to the top element.

* Line 12 holes of a muffin pan (1/3 cup capacity holes) with patty/muffin cases. I used paper-lined foil cases that measure 5cm across the base and 8cm across the top.
* Whisk lemon juice, milk, oil and egg in a medium bowl until well combined.
* Place self-raising flour, caster sugar and white chocolate in a large bowl.
Stir to combine     
          
Add berries ( a combination is OK too )
Gently stir to combine.
* Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stop stirring once the ingredients are combined (do not over mix). The batter should be quite wet.         

* Divide mixture evenly between muffin cases.
 
* Bake for about 22-27 minutes. To check whether the muffins are cooked, press lightly on the centre of a muffin; if it springs back, it's ready. A knife inserted into the centre of a muffin should come out without any batter attached.
 
 Serve the muffins warm or at room temperature, dusted with icing sugar if desired. They are at their best on the day they are baked.

Store muffins in an airtight container. Muffins can be reheated in the microwave. Suitable to freeze.
.....
 
There you have it.
Believe me they are good.
 
Cheers.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Anything with lemon is perfect for me. I hope to be back soon. I'm suffering from a holiday brain fog right now and I got nothing. I've actually done nothing but stare at the wall for a while today. Must get myself up and moving again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy, thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look good but I'd omit the white chocolate as I don't like it - too sweet for my taste! I must try just fruit ones though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As if we need more food Helen! Oh goodness what a treat you've made a splendid job of this post.
    Hope things have settled down into normal routine now after Christmas!
    Love and best wishes Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! The photos look so tempting. I love lemon in anything too! Happy New Year Helsie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These muffins look delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete